My Photo
Name:
Location: Lalaquiz, Piura, Peru

Saturday, June 24, 2006

From the Plane

6.23.06
Arriving in Washington D.C. I was admittedly a bit nervous as to how my personality/skills/language ability would match up to those of other volunteers. It didn’t take long, however to realize how incredible this group of individuals is. The volunteers are from all over the country with a wide variety of backgrounds. Most are in their early 20’s though there are a few older men. The orientation itself was somewhat informative, though rather dry at times, but the two days allowed us to get to know each other. If nothing else, it reaffirmed desire to serve in the Peace Corps.

I am currently writing this from my window seat on Delta flight 335. We’re less than four hours from Lima on a journey that began at 8:00 this morning. We flew out of Regan National airport and connected at Atlanta. The total time in the air is approximately eight hours. It’s such a strange feeling as the past six months of planning is coming to a head. I’m ridiculously excited to get acquainted with the culture and people of Peru. I’m also ready to begin finally learning to speak Spanish. Hopefully my years of class work will pay off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home