My Photo
Name:
Location: Lalaquiz, Piura, Peru

Saturday, June 24, 2006


6.24.06
I have survived my first day in Peru. We arrived in Lima around 10:30pm and finally left the airport at 12:15. After a 45minute drive we arrived at a conference center where we have spent the day meeting the Peace Corps directors and sitting through information sessions. Because we arrived at night and have been in this complex all day I have not really been able to get a good feel for what the Lima area is like. Tomorrow, however we leave here in the morning and head to the training center. There we will meet our host families. That will be the first true test of my Spanish. We did have language interviews/examéns today… it was a bit rough. I did manage to construct a few coherent sentences…so that’s a start.

As a whole, the first day has been great. I´m crazy excited about what the next few months has in store. I´ll be sure to be a little more informative soon. For now, i´ve got some relaxing to do.. we´re all pretty tired from the traveling and long hours of orientation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benito R. said...

woops commented below accidentally

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home